FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - hk-guangzhou airport
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:09 pm
rkkwan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Well, I didn't want to start a new thread since I just have a simple question...

Is there any way to get from CAN to Shenzhen, preferably Luohu, from a flight arriving at 23:00. I don't care how annoying it is, but would prefer not to pay for a 'car service'. I can fly to SZX, but that means rushing to PEK in 3 hours from Tianjin. Plus, I know the CZ flight I want will discount their PE like they usually do.

I tried to look on baidu, and didn't get a real good answer. I know that Luohu is closed at night - planning on camping at the nearby HIX.

I booked a flight from HKG leaving at 10:00 (it was $350, to Europe), so that's why I did this!!
No idea if there's overnight buses from GZ to SZ, or where to take it. Last direct CAN-Shenzhen bus departs at 9:50p. But here are few other points you may find useful:

1. No overnight trains, but there's a 4:38 leaving GZ main and arrive SZ main at 6:13. Might be useful if you decide to find a cheap room near GZ station for a few hours. CAN's airport bus runs till the last flight arrival. 16RMB and gets to you GZ main train station.

2. Lohu/Lo Wu is not 24 hours, but Huanggang is, if you decide you want to get into HK overnight.

3. If you're staying in SZ, better use a coach service from Huanggang or Shenzhen Bay than to use the Lowu crossing, for easier and faster access to HKG.