FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The right hotel in Munich…
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 12, 6:48 pm
Flenser

The right hotel in Munich…

Hi—

I'm the official vacation planner for my family, and I'm putting together a trip to Munich and Florence next year, for my wife and I, our two kids, and her parents. My wife and I have been to both cities before, and are looking forward to enjoying them with our family.

On our last trip to Munich, we stayed at the Meridien, and we had a poor experience due to noisy neighbors on our floor. So, my main hotel requirement for this trip is quiet. My second requirement is to be close to Munich center, so that my in-laws don't have to walk far to enjoy the Marienplatz, etc. We'll probably bike to the Englischer Garten, and use the tram for getting to Nymphenburg. Hopefully these two requirements aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm having trouble finding the right hotel, mainly using TripAdvisor, but picking up reviews from many other sites. I figure FT folks will have the best advice.

The Mandarin Oriental looks to be too pricey. I'm hoping to keep the rooms under 250€ per night, since we'll be using three rooms, unless some hotel has a large enough room that we could put the kids in with their grandparents. :-)

The Cortiina Hotel might be noisy, and I'm not crazy about being across the street from places I'd rather not expose the kids to at their ages.

The Platzl has some reviews that mention noise, and no WiFi? Perhaps we could bring a small access point…

The Torbrau has some reviews that mention hearing noise in the hall and in adjacent rooms. Argh.

The Louis sounds good, but some reviews say that the market side is noisy, while others say that the courtyard side is noisy due to the restaurant there.

Are there rooms in these hotels that provide a good night's sleep? That sounds like a silly question. Are there other hotels I should be considering?

I appreciate any help and feedback. Thanks!