FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Samsung Galaxy Note vs Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 5
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:28 pm
Dunbar

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by CatJo
There are some things that just seem to require an extra key-press or step; like when you get a notification of a new email/text, you need to swipe down the notification area and can then press to launch the required app - with iOS, you can just swipe on the notification when it comes in and go directly to the app.
I don't know many people who think notifications are handled better in iOS (Apple basically copied Android notifications with iOS5.) I have a notification LED on my S3 and full access to the notification area from the lock screen. Once Jelly Bean is released you'll be able to read entire messages from the notification area and take actions without having to go to the app. The one cool feature of iOS is that it lights up the lock screen with up to 5 notifications. That's useful if the phone is sitting next to you, and you notice it, but that's the only area I think iOS is better than Android in notifications. And you can probably download an app on Android to do something similar.

BTW, Samsung removed universal search because it was part of a lawsuit settlement with Apple. I use an iPad 3 so I get to compare both OS's on a regular basis. I don't personally think iOS has a significant lead over Android anymore and consumers have many different phones to choose from with Android so they can pick a phone that meets their particular needs.

Last edited by Dunbar; Sep 25, 2012 at 12:41 pm