FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:35 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners Master Thread

Link to discussion for this thread — please post your comments, questions, answers and suggestions here:
Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

------------

Thanks to Canarsie for allowing this thread to be a sticky. I've posted this thread in hopes of creating another one-stop guide for many who like me, have run into difficulties in booking SM awards on partner airlines. I hope for this thread to be useful and informative.

It will take some time to build so I encourage your patience, input, and feedback.

Update: Nov 2013 - I've added some tips on decoding pricing issues. See guide section 3, subsection "Incorrect Pricing".
Update: Sep 2014 - Although DL has now removed all use of EF for its own metal, EF still remains a useful tool to look at partner awards. For more info on the EF changes with DL please go to this thread.
Update: Oct 2014 - DL now has updated language regarding what SO's are. See this DL webpage.
Update: Nov 2014 - DL has now removed the ability to search for AS & VA awards on DL.com. As well, it appears international itin's are pricing incorrectly if a SO is involved. You can call a DL agent to get it to price correctly.
Update: Nov 2014 - DL has announced that SO's and OJ's will be eliminated from all award tickets booked on or after Jan 1, 2015. As well, tickets booked between now and then may have a SO provided there is not more than 2 segments from the origination to the destination. See Award rules for more details.
Update: Jan 2015 - added updates to guide based upon Booking 2015 SM thread here.
Update: Mar 2015 - DL has announced addition of many partners online which I have indicated in post 2 (Guide Section), but I will hold off updating post 3 until I get confirmation from FTers.

With many changes occurring, I'm going to cross reference a thread dedicated to all those changes here (while this thread will remain dedicated to booking partner awards):
Booking Delta Award Tickets, 2015 on

Booking SM Awards on ST & Other Partners Guide

This guide is meant to be a collection of tips in booking SM tickets on partner airlines. For further information please refer to the linked threads and if you still don't find the answer you're looking for please post in those relevant threads. If any information needs to be corrected, added, or updated - please post in this thread and I'll update the content accordingly. Thanks!

This guide is divided into 7 sections:
1. General info on partner bookings
2. How to search for partner awards
3. Valid routings and segment rules
4. Inventory, pricing issues, & fees
5. Blackout dates
6. Mileage UG's on partners
7. Various other SM Partner links

In the third post of this thread, I have also posted airline specific information on booking with SkyMiles, this includes:
- Fare class information
- Blackout dates
- How to search for specific airline inventory
- Specific tools to use
- Best SM redemption etc

Last edited by mnredfox; Mar 26, 2015 at 11:14 pm