FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Create a Avianca/Taca Lifemiles Forum
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:09 pm
gkbiiii

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
I am mildly against the idea.

I live in Colombia and fly Avianca often. However, I prefer to have information about Latin America carriers consolidated in one forum. If it were up to me, the "Other North and South American Carriers" forum would split into separate North America and Latin America forums.

Frankly, the current forum does not generate enough traffic to make it worth checking every day. I believe that a separate Avianca forum would have even less traffic and become an orphan.

In regard to the earlier comment about the "Avianca-Lifemiles...Best Ever" thread, I believe that thread has wandered far from the subject of Avianca and become a discussion about how to best game the *A system.
Further, if it had been in an Avianca-only forum, I think it is much less likely that non-Avianca flyers would have seen it, and it would not have generated as much traffic.

Since posting the "Avianca/Taca Lifemiles" forum on June 21, the forum has been viewed by over 70,000 Flyertalkers and has over 700 posts.

In the grand BMI tradition, the Lifemiles forum will transcend other forums which are just about flying the base airline. For those who used the BMI forum in the past, were able to gain valuable information to master their system and thus "game the Star system".

Personally while I liked the BMI FF program, I never got a chance to fly the airline. I wanted to but it did not fly where I needed to go (thus I had to fly BA) and this may be the case for many members in Europe. Those of us in the Americas will be able to fly throughout Latin & South America.

Unlike BMI you will need to fly base miles on Avianca/Taca to have the higher tiered cards, which seems a reasonable requirement.

The Lifemiles program is new for the merger of the two airlines, so there should be much to see in the future. My prediction is that this new Flyertalk forum will have the same usage as the BMI one that is soon to be rolled up with BA.