FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO-LHR Virgin Atlantic vs. UA
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:09 am
SanFranciscoFiend

Programs: UA,VX
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
UA offers full mileage accrual on all flights and you can choose your seat as soon as you book (and can check the seat map prior to booking if you want to ensure you get a window seat). ... Seat choice is unlimited and free, but Economy Plus is reserved for elite members of Mileage Plus and is otherwise only available if you pay for it.
The food ex-London is surprisingly ok but there's not enough of it and they charge $7 (credit cards only) for each and every drink. The food on the return is inedible. I have never known UA use steps at LHR or SFO but I guess there's always a first time. However, the walk to and from the plane at LHR is massive, but otherwise I find T1 to be quite pleasant.
Thanks for those points. So are you saying soft drinks are also charged and not free in economy on UA for a SFO-LHR itinerary?

I usually bring food that agrees with my type of diet anyways. I try to eat light foods, low salt, that won't make me feel too stuffed or make me need to drink a lot while sitting for a long period.