FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:45 pm
volkswankin

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just stayed two nights here as a Platinum member and I was underwhelmed. I booked a $79 rate, which stated that it included both breakfast and an appetizer in the evening. What was shocking to me was that I actually called the hotel and was going to book a week long stay here, but the lowest rate the guy on the phone would offer me was $129/nt!! No thank you. I could book the $79 rate by just going online.

When I arrived the front desk agent recoginzed my status, but never read the terms of what was included in my rate. When I inquired about the free breakfast she said that I could get free breakfast as a Platinum amenity. Why would I do that and forgo my 250 points, when I get breakfast free with my rate? I then asked if she could please read the details of the rate more closely, which she did and then handed me the breakfast coupons. Apparently she didn't read it carefully enough because she never mentioned the free appetizer promotion, which after talking with a manager she issued to me.

I must say that redeeming the free appetizer was painful! The first night they didn't even know what was offered and took 10-15 min to let me know what was offered, the second night all that was available was wings, calamari, and a salad. I ordered the wings and all they gave me was 3 crappy wings (one was so overcooked I couldn't even eat it), 2 carrots and two sticks of celery. This was the cheapest, most pathetic excuse for an appetizer. In fact, the table next to me ordered the wings appetizer and received over twice as much food, which infuriated me. What's even more troubling is that it's not like I just wanted the appetizer, I ordered several drinks during my visit.

On top of that I was only given a standard room (the one I booked) and not offered an upgrade.

Overall I was not impressed by this property. I've stayed here multiple times before the renovation and have never been thrilled by the rooms or service. In fact, after this appetizer debacle, I don't know if I can trust anything they advertise online.