FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirFrance.us shows award seats, Delta does not see them
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:27 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by vgb2001
There has been little to none availability in the "regular award" business TATL seats (O fare bucket) from AF lately. Either for FB or SM members.
OP, let me know your dates and I can check on EF. I'm pretty sure though that EF will show there is no O available. Nothing to do with Delta but rather AF.
That is not entirely true: there IS plenty of award space for FB members, however, it is significantly more expensive than it used to. DL cannot/will not access that more expensive inventory and consequently shows nada especially in O.

While I agree that it's primarily a AF issue, I partially blame DL for not re-negotiating the deal: it's a JV after all! DL is not simply a powerless bystander but they indeed can realign the classes. On the bottom line, yet another SM instrument has been devalued or even disqualified.

IMHO they should at least inform us about such a significant change regarding their most important partner. Another approach would be to raise the required mileage amounts accordingly so that we at least have a choice (at the expense of your SkyPesos ofc.)