FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location does not answer phone
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:21 pm
PDXNRTLHR

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Location does not answer phone

I had a reservation which included a pick-up at Inverness Rail Station in Scotland, and called a day ahead to confirm. The employee said to call half an hour prior to arrival, and they'd send someone to get me. The next day, I called, and no answer. I continued calling every few minutes for half an hour. Once I arrived at the station, I called the Reservations number. The res agent was not able to get ahold of the local office, so she told me to take a taxi to the rental office, and have them reimburse me. I called twice more in a period of ten minutes, with still no answer.

I finally grabbed a taxi. Upon arrival I told them about the situation and was told that they'd refund the taxi fare to my credit card (as I had prepaid for the rental). It's only been a few days, so the refund hasn't posted yet.

Also, they didn't have a compact car (which I had reserved), so they offered to put me in a 7 passenger people carrier--not good for narrow Scottish roads! I refused, and they ended up giving me a Nissan Qashqai SUV.

I've sent an email to Hertz regarding the situation, since I find it very unprofessional for them to not answer the phone.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What kind of recourse should I expect?