FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Customer Service from BA (Israel)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:55 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by yossimills
...then notify the cardholder? And my sister was not questioned, just told "sorry, you have no ticket - not our problem". If what you say is correct, shouldn't they have investigated her? If not, what is the point on leading the pax/cardholder on?
Just my guess, but once she showed up with her passport, I guess her identity was established, so if the whole thing turned out to be fraudulent, they had something to go by.

It would be Amex (or Commonwealth Bank, more likely)'s job to notify the cardholder rather than BA's, of any potentially fraudulent transaction.

It's unfortunate that she was inconvenienced but Australian banks love flagging things up as potentially fraudulent and then forget all about it later as it had happened to me quite a few times (and they don't even get in touch with me to tell me most of the time - it's besides the point that every single flag was incorrect because it certainly was me who was using the card), so I would not be surprised that the transaction had indeed been flagged up as being potentially fraudulent.

Once it's in the 'potentially fraudulent' category, I assume there isn't much the normal customer services or airport people could do about it.

Remember that it's not in BA's interest to deliberately cancel a booking for no reason because it inconveniences them as well.