FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson hotel distributing Passport copies to staff
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:33 am
ryan754

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Radisson hotel distributing Passport copies to staff

The other day I returned to a hotel I promised never to return to... A logistical nightmare put me there. Anyway I checked in late at night with the girlfriend, a couple days before the manager recieved my survey, and replied that when I come back everything will be better.. Well it wasn't.. Won't go into details. Wake up the next morning, and go to breakfast, on the way out of there I saw a paper on the ground by the entrance and noticed what looked like a copy of my passport and my girlfriend's passport. What do you know, it was!
Mind you we are in the middle east/Africa at a hotel full of shady staff, and some shady guests. All our information was on a piece of paper (with a bunch of arabic written on the back, I'm assuming it was recycled paper) Who knows if our passport pictures were recycled or the writing.
The GM had nothing to say. He offered to comp our (included breakfast) umm?? And refund the 9,000 gold points. Now as I travel quite a bit in some crazy regions, the risk of my passport information being compromised is too great. I will need to surrender my passport and drop about $170 for a new one, and she around 200 Euros. I'll lose all my visas etc.
I am beyond pissed, who knows how many copies of our passports are floating around out there. Any advice on how to follow up on this?