FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen Sweden [Master Thread]
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:30 am
nldogbert

Quick review: Sept 2012

Hi,

Just got back from a weekend stay at this property. Managed to get a good weekend rate including a Stockholm card + Breakfast.

Location: Not too bad, about 10 mins relax walk to the nearest Metro. Should be doable with luggage, only thing is the last few meters to get to the hotel, there are only a flight of stairs to take which can be an issue if you are not capable. [alternative would be to walk further down the street]. Between the hotel and the metro station, there are some restaurants and shops. There is also a bus that goes directly to the central area, so you have the option of taking the bus or metro to the central area.

Staff: No comments, no recognition nor anything special during check-in or throughout the stay as elite member. Neutral on this point.

Room: I believe it is a standard room, was given a high floor room as requested. I rate this better compared to American courtyards, slightly better to the European courtyards (most probably because it is a fairly new property) I have been but definitely not comparable to those in Asia.

Breakfast: A good spread of breakfast with sufficient hot and cold options.

General: Not too bad of a place based on the value to package ratio. I would have not been that positive if the price I paid did not include the package I had. If I had paid just for the room only rate for the price I paid, I would not have been so positive since as an Elite, no extra's were offered (typical CY trend). I would stay here again only if the price is right. For me the Hilton is my preferred choice since the price can be quite close to this property and I do get better treatment. They seemed to have won the Tripadvisor prize for 2012.