FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lanpass KMs expire end of August. What to do?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:46 pm
bingocallerb22

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I don't think this is true.

I had my first LAN revenue flight this year on 18 August, before then I was flying AA all year and unless I am completely mistaken, AA (or other OneWorld partner) flights push validity up to the end of the second year (so up to 36 months) or practically for a flight taken in September, it would take you up to 31 Dec 2014 for validity.

Oddly when you then take a LAN flight it unites your validity dates again and pushes everything 36 months out.

bingocallerb22 A LAN codeshare would push forward validity in one of the above ways but it is moot because I don't believe you would be able to buy a LAN codeshare MIA to NYC without a connecting international flight
You mean miikkak. But since I am here, as you say, there are two expiries, one for Lan kms the other for partners kms. Lans are 36 months from the date of the flight at the end of that month.

Partners kms valid for 3 calendar years expiring the 31 december of the 3rd year.

Flying 1 km on Lan will renew kms in your account 36 months more.

at least, thems are the rules.