FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creating a Photo: Back to New York with British Airways and the A318 in CWLCY
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:22 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
BA004 - New York John F Kennedy International to London City Airport
British Airways, Airbus A318 Elite, Seat 3A
Club World London City (Business Class)
3,461 miles flown, 210 Tier points earned, 3,461 Avios + 3,461 Avios Cabin Bonus 3,461 + 3,461 Avios Gold Bonus

I was welcomed aboard the plane and directed to 3A where a lot of the plane had already loaded. After catching up with a couple of friends who I knew were onboard, I settled into 3A.

The plane itself was in night mode, with the lights comparitivly down for boarding and the blinds already down through the plane.

With 32 passengers - well 31 as I was the lucky person with the empty seat next to me on the flight, the plane was buttoned up quickly, with a greeting from the flight deck (with the next one shortly before London). Preflight bubbles and drinks made their way round

At this point 3J decided to try and put her seat into a bed position, and was rather disgruntled that she had to put into seat and put her feet up on the Ottoman. It took about 3 attempts for the crew to persuade her to finally keep her seat upright till after take off.

The safety demonstration was given by hand, again with the usual care and attention it deserves. During this time, 3J decided to read 50 Shades of Grey. Now, I’ve got a lot of views on this piece of... “work” (least of all from every other viewpoint in terms of consent and alternative lifestyles views -the writing style that makes me look good) but I read erotica like that on a plane I’d be shouted off the plane. Meanwhile if a woman reads stuff like that, suddenly it’s all right.

The plane pushed back and begun a slow taxi around JFK, before finally lining up for take off and heading into the night sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKLip07ZeyY

Take off was quick and the plane was up in the air turning towards Manhattan and then off into the night sky across the pond.

As soon as the seatbelt sign went off, the crew leapt into action - offering iPads for those who wanted them, then a drinks service followed by a dinner for those who wanted it. 3J also put her seat into the flat position (and that was the last out of her until 20 minutes to landing).

Closed

I meanwhile snapped what I could before writing off the rest of the flight for snacking and sleeping. It is of course at this moment my iPhone decided to wander down the back of seat. Knowing i could do nothing till morning, I sighed and waited for the champaign supper to arrive.

Kir Royale - I have to learn to make these.

Breakfast orders were also taken for the morning to save time for those who were awake too.

Chibatta with roast fillet of Beef, piquillo peppers, rocket greens and Manchego cheese

Butter

Flatware - Note the speedmarques

Back to “plain” fizzy bubbles

The sandwich was of reasonable quality and filling - although a knife was needed to cut the sandwich into edible parts (and the cheese didn’t help as that added extra “lubrication” to the cutting - no I haveNOT been reading 50 shades of crap - I have a life...).

Bottles of water were issued - I took a couple so not to disturb the crew.

The snack was cleared down quickly, and I decided the only course of action was to place the bed into the flat position and let sleep take over - and I’ve got to admit I got a good 4 to 5 hours in the seat without disturbance which goes to one of the best sleeps I’ve had on a plane. I didn’t use the blanket as I was pretty warm already, so I just got comfy and rested. As far as I could tell it was a smooth flight over again with the seatbelt sign off for what there was of it

Seat controls

(Continued)

Last edited by Kevincm; Sep 10, 2012 at 5:31 am