FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Country Inn and Suites Long Island City, New York
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:56 am
Jazzop

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I've stayed here many times. The customer service is downright rude, but they will silently upgrade elites (gold & up) about half of the time to a city-view room or slightly larger room. I've never seen a suite (or sofabed-equipped room) there; I suspect they only have a few of them, and they keep them booked with all the young European tourists packed 4 to a room.

Breakfast is not worth getting up for. It's a zoo down there, and the fare is terrible. Just go down the block to the deli and get a fresh egg & cheese on a roll/bagel for $1.50-$2.00

If you venture west towards 21st St, where the Queensbridge stop for the F train is, you will find yourself entering a large housing project once well-known for its unwholesome goings-on. Late at night, try to use the trains operating from the Queens Plaza and Queensboro Plaza stops. The Queens Plaza area is rapidly gentrifying, and anything in the "Tribeque" (TRIangle BElow QUEens Blvd--I just made it up--demarcated by Queens Blvd, Jackson Ave, & the East River) area to the south of the hotel should be both safe and interesting to explore on foot. There is nothing else worth doing on foot from this hotel.

If you have a car, there is plenty of street parking in front of or near the hotel, and they have about 8 parking spots on the hotel property itself.