FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:38 pm
TeamInTheSky

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Right now many silvers and golds will pay LUT fares which make the company very little money, and absorb all the benefits set aside for those that are contributing to the real revenue line.

As I am that flyer right now on the way to Gold, I would tend to disagree. I think it is very easy for many corporate flyers on this website to sit back and feel entitled while the revenue earned by Delta is simply a tax break for the corporation that you work for.

My wife and I will both be gold this year on 10,000 pounds of our own money spent on flights. While that maybe be a drop in the bucket compared to what some companies spend on corporate travel for some employees, I think my loyalty to DL and Skymiles runs just as much or more deep as it is my dollars with no tax break that are being spent.

The reason I pay more for Delta and AF/KL in Europe is because I enjoy the benefits I receive as I will enjoy being SkyTeam Elite Plus and having lounge access next year. So no, while I am not in the air every week, I am still a valuable revenue stream that deserves some benefit for choosing to fly one airline.

Regards,

Team