Old Sep 4, 12, 5:50 pm
380Flyer
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
Same did happen to me on SIN-BKK flight. It was scheduled on 77W and I was assigned 11H which is supposed to be "more private" section. Still got this seat on OLCI. Went to the airport, given the BP (well I never checked it, as the agent did not say anything). Only realize it at the gate when I saw my BP printed as 12H!!! The stupid part is 12K is occupied (they suppose to assign first row to elite?), and they are many empty seat on the cabin.

Why I need to sit next to someone when I can have 2 seats by myself?

also I was quite annoyed that they did not inform me on the seat reassignment (not to mention aircraft change)!!

I have already learn long time ago, there is no point to "choose" aircraft on CX flight (SIN-HKG/SIN-BKK/HKG-TPE), you may end up with anything.
Once the new regional J class seats come online, you will not have the lottery effect on CX. However, it will be a lottery until they either complete the entire regional fleet fit out or guarantee new seats on specific route by flight numbers (and that too can be subject to last minute swap).

As for the check-in staff at Singapore, they are not CX crew but DNATA staff wearing CX uniform. The same applies in Bangkok (TG staff but wearing CX uniform) - the service levels are not the same when comparing to CX own staff handling check-in process (HKG).

Overall, I am happy with CX and as their Diamond card member, I get treated well and I love the new lounge sand the new longhaul product across all classes are fantastic!