FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:42 pm
robsaw

Originally Posted by tanoos
Alaska Air MBNA card users

I was so infuriated by the loss of the online banking service ... the loss of online service is the result of a legal battle between Alaska Air, B.of A., and TD bank which purchased or is in the process of purchasing the Canadian parts of B.of A./MBNA.
If we all wrote to the Alaska Board of Directors, it may push them to solve this stupidity.
The sale of MOST of the MBNA Canada assets to TD is complete. TD didn't buy all of the cards from MBNA, including Alaska Air, Shoppers Drug Mart and some sports affiliated speciality cards. This is all explained on the mbna.ca website.

I don't believe there is truly any legal battle between TD and BofA that is directly related to online access. TD is still handling some parts of the BofA card application and processing business but apparently on-line account access was not covered after the initial transition period - so no more access for the cards that are staying with BofA. It wasn't covered in the sale agreement, so I guess you can call that a legal oversight.

I don't know how high a priority a credit-card issue for a small number of mostly BC and Alberta residents is going to be for the Alaska BoD?

Way back when, before the BofA and MBNA merger was complete, the Alaska Air Canadian Credit Card had online access directly with Bank of America - so, to me, it is strictly a BofA issue, but probably an extremely small part of their business.