FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Survey: How Effective is the Transportation Security Administration?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:34 pm
TSORon

Originally Posted by Canarsie
[COLOR="Silver"]
I will start...

Recently, I had the opportunity to pass through an airport security checkpoint through the TSA Pre✓ line even though I never signed up for it. I did not have to remove my bag of liquids or take off my shoes. The agents were friendly and polite. This was by far the quickest, easiest and most civilized passage through an airport security checkpoint for me since before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The experience at airport security checkpoints in the United States should always be similar to this particular experience for me.

However, I do not believe that frequent travelers should have to pay or register for this privilege. It should automatically be a benefit as part of elite membership status in a frequent flier loyalty program.

In general, I would say that with its inconsistent policies, the Transportation Security Administration has little effectiveness on the implementation of airport and airline security overall. It is a bloated federal agency which needs a significant reduction in agents, and those agents who remain should be qualified to perform proper security measures at airport security checkpoints which mitigate the inconvenience to passengers as much as possible.

I have other opinions and thoughts, but I will leave them for other FlyerTalk members to post in this discussion...
You DO realize that by posting that link here you have ended any possibility of it being an unbiased (and therefore accurate) survey, right?