FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:08 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by puregravy
Wondering if anyone can help me with this: used Hyatt gift checks like gift cards for my recent stay at SF hyatt regency (see above). The stay didn't count toward points or as a stay, and the points were not awarded correctly.

I emailed gold passport and this is the response I got. I thought gift cards and checks were good for points and stays. It make me unsure since i give and have received employees incentive gift cards etc and would hate to find out they don't count.
You should go back to GP-- this would not be the first time there is confusion on their end re this issue.

Hyatt check certificates and Hyatt gift cards, which are dollar denominated, should be treated as cash when applied to your folio, and are not supposed to impact your ability to earn points and stay credit.

There is a different type of Hyatt certificate, which is not dollar denominated but rather is good for 1 free night at certain properties, which does not allow for the accrual of point and stay credit. I believe that in the past, some at GP have confused the two.