FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: QF+EK announcement next week.
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:12 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by matthandy
I'd rather connect through HKG too. I prefer two flights where it's possible to get some sleep on both if I choose too. And besides, DXB is a total mess.

anat0l, take a look at some trip reports that feature DXB, even the lounges are a zoo, with people sleeping everywhere. It's honestly pretty awful and is nothing like the relative serenity and space of SIN or HKG, I'd even add BKK into the mix too to be honest.
The F lounge in DXB is far from a zoo. Even during peak times (midnight - 04:00 I have never had a problem getting plenty of space or even a whole TV section if travelling w others. I've heard the C lounge can get crowded but don't have first hand experience. All I can say is the EK F lounge rates right up there w the LH, TG, CX & SQ F lounges. The only improvement that desperately needs to be made is w the shower rooms but I think I'm the only one complaining about that

I wonder if there are people on this forum that remember DXB & the EK F lounge from before Skywards & even T-1 was built or DXB Even heard of a air bridge. It was a small room w no windows, seating for maybe 20-30 people & a few snacks here & there. Now that was a zoo but fond memories & not so long ago