FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ayurvedic massage in Delhi?
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:59 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Thanks! I don't know what my exact itinerary will be, but I am going to make future trips to the Indian Himalayas (this upcoming trip will only get to Ladakh).

Re: the prices. I'm in the middle. I don't mind a relatively spartan experience (the $4 blind massages in Cambodia) if it's clean, safe area, no sleaze, and a great massage. I don't generally go to multi-star spas because I'm generally interested in just the massage (although I made an exception in Antananarivo and it was well worth it).

In BKK, I pay rates that are a bargain by US standards, but far from the cheapest basic Thai massage, but that's largely because I take advantage of the price differences to splurge on the services I get, instead of just going for the bottom line (3.5 hours for three 'sessions' back-to-back for $90, for example).

I found a couple DEL ayurvedic massage sites, but they only offered to take bookings, no prices mentioned. I generally avoid any site that won't post prices (or a reasonable idea) up front - it's a waste of their time and mine if they are completely out of my range.

Anyway, I'm also glad you posted relative information about prices, because someone neither of us knows may come to this thread in the future and benefit from your great posts!