FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-FRA-YYZ, YYZ-YUL-LHR (LH And AC Business) Or From Home to Home and Back Again
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:42 pm
GregWTravels

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
AC 864 YUL - YYZ, August 25 / August 26, Seat 2A and London LHR Air Canada Arrivals Lounge

The plane was an Airbus A330-300.

Taking my seat, I was served a choice of sparkling wine, water or juice. I have a sparkling wine.

We take off, and pre-dinner drinks and snacks (i.e. assorted nuts). A final vodka and soda for me.

The dinner order is taken, with choice of main and desert. Soon after, dinner is served.

I started with pan seared scallops and tiger prawns, with a glass of Ruka Estates Sauvignon Blanc from Chile.

Next up, the main course, for me a salmon dish with rice and roasted veggies. The sauce was a little thick and gelatinous, but otherwise a good dish.

For desert, I took a cheese plate and some fruit.

Seating was lie flat beds, and this time I was definitely planning on taking advantage. I don’t have a recent picture of the lie-flat beds, but here’s what it looks like (pictured from 2008).

IFE in seat, with decent headphones. I watch the Five Year Engagement before deciding to put the bed flat and sleeping. I was provided with a toiletries and sleep kit, from which I take ear plugs and eye mask. We got a nice fluffy pillow and thick blanket as well.

The flight from Montreal to London is very short, though, and while I sleep well for a few hours, a few hours is all I get before the lights come back on and they are getting ready to serve breakfast.

Breakfast was fruit, yoghurt and choice of carb (croissant or muffin).

I fill out my landing card for London (still not a UK citizen, so have to fill out a card when coming into London), and slip it, along with my passport and invitation to the fast track immigration lane into my pocket.

I catch up on a couple episodes of Suburgatory. While the first season has ended in North America, it is currently being shown for the first time on channel E4 here in the UK, and I am able to catch up on the episode I missed while being in Canada as well as jumping ahead an episode.

We land, and I am quickly through immigration. The wait for my bag is longer than hoped for, coming out after some regular bags even though mine had the bright orange “Priority” tag on it. Sigh.

Bag finally retrieved, I head into the Air Canada arrivals lounge for a quick use of the facilities and a quick Diet Pepsi to wake me up. I sit for a few minutes, surfing the latest news on the BBC news app. But I can’t while away the entire day in the arrivals lounge, and so I head out into a sunny London morning, catching my taxi back to my flat for a great afternoon nap.

Back home, after flying from home.