FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-FRA-YYZ, YYZ-YUL-LHR (LH And AC Business) Or From Home to Home and Back Again
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:37 pm
GregWTravels

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (YYZ), 25 August and AC 414 YYZ - YUL, Seat 2A

After returning my rental car and dropping my bag, I headed through security and up to the domestic departures Maple Leaf Lounge. Up on the top floor of terminal 1, it is a place I had been many times before. Unlike my home town, little had changed since my last time in the lounge more than four years ago. Comfortingly familiar.

I settled into the lounge with a vodka and soda and the Globe and Mail. I didn’t partake in any of the food, for I had just had a large brunch with friends.

The bathroom is clean and spacious. I love the bathrooms in Maple Leaf Lounges. There is something about the lighting in them that make one’s eyes sparkle.

AC 414 YYZ - YUL, Seat 2A

The day was very hot, and the plane’s air conditioning had just been turned on and it hadn’t cooled down the plane. After about 10 minutes the air finally cooled the plane down.

The plane was a 767-300. Business class had full lie flat beds, though not of much use on flight as short as Toronto to Montreal.

We were treated to water or juice to start

The plane got off on time and up into the air. I kept the IFE stowed and read the Globe and Mail.

Lunch was served quickly after take-off. It was a chicken wrap with bean salad, and a small bag of almonds. I had a Coors Light, knowing I had a long day ahead and didn’t want a heavier beer.

The plane landed on time, and pulled up to a gate in the domestic area.