FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Strike - BMI Awards
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2012, 9:43 am
Behindthecurtain

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Utterly messed up BD896 from DME Saturday when I was doing my usual football run. was suposed to be an A321, so they loaded up with lots of Lufthansa economy passengers to fill up the back of the bus (LH put their Business and Card Holders on Swiss Austria and and others first and BA/BMI took whoever was left via London on the 05:540 and 06:55 flights), with only the three BMI paying (errrr Airmiles for me) passengers in Business.

However...

A last minute, "I am Sick" call from a crewmember meant they could not fly a 321, as they were below minumum crew, so switched to a 320....

So, when boarding, no one had the right seats, the tickets were all being swapped, people who were economy were seated in every spare business seat, which when the catering was for three Business Class and a full load of economy, was always going to be interesting!

Three of us in different places were served a full business package and the rest sat round us were severed the economy. Cue some noses out of joint

The crew did a good job to be honest and put up with some fed up people. The main downside was late take off and the fact that there was an economy service, with carts and multiple runs, running throughout the flight in business meant no lights off within 30 minues, no window shades closed, no quiet and no sleep, as it was impossible to do so...

So somewhat more tired than normal. Going back on the 10:35 BD895 was sureal though. An A321 with an average load in the back and just me in business. Due to being shattered, the two staff got an easy time. No service needed, seat back and sleep. This is pretty normal as the Sunday load to the UK is quite high with business people, so the bigger aircraft needs to go, but its only the second time in five years it has just been me.