FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:48 am
dan1431

Originally Posted by KDS
Opted out at FNT this morning. Worst patdown experience since a few months ago. TSO pulled my pants down many times while working on my waistband (had to make two roundtrips on the waistband!), and pulled my shirt completely out of my pants while doing this. Pulled my hair while checking my collar. Ran his fingers over my genital area while checking the waistband. Insisted that he'd go until he got to resistance -- neither he nor the 3-striper supervisor were happy when I told them "resistance" is my <medical terms for male genitalia>.

Got full contact with hands in all four "leg" swipes up to "resistance", as the TSO called it.

I complained about the TSO's handling of my body throughout the procedure. The 3-striper told me I could have gone through the MMW/AIT instead; so I guess this was a retaliatory groping to teach me a lesson again about how I should do what I'm told. So we're back to that again here at FNT...my experiences over past 8 months suggested that they'd finally figured out they can't intimidate me, but .... lesson unlearned this morning.

LEO stood there and watched the entire process too. He was watching me as if he expected me to become a criminal in front of his eyes; very unfriendly face and demeanor.

In short, the perfectly awful way to start a trip to visit a family member. I despise the TSA and its "people", and I despise my government for forcing this on us citizens (we're citizens, not subjects, not servants, not serfs, not slaves -- CITIZENS!).
It is sad!

While nowhere near as bad, my Father opted out at FLL and while receiving his pat down a Broward County Sheriff's Deputy watched the entire process.

As my Father walked past the Deputy, he said, even my patdowns on real criminals are not that thorough, I give you credit as I would not have handled it as well as you did.

My Dad said he wanted to ask the Deputy to arrest the TSA officer on assault charges but decided to just have a stiff drink in the PClub instead.

Dan

Last edited by dan1431; Sep 1, 2012 at 8:26 am Reason: added missing word