FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Robert Milton, Canada's best CEO
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2002, 4:13 pm
100,000miler

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Obviously no actual shareholders voted for this award! Mr. Milton has been focussed on running a profitable business but the stock is still further south than its southern most destination. Still such an award is pre-mature. The jurys (ie the investors and customers) are still out.

While I am no fan of his, I do give him credit for running a fairly successful monopoly and for the innovation introduction of the no frills carrier, Tango, something few others have successfully achieved. I also give full marks for improvements to International J service, no matter how long overdue.

My sense is that the airline is in a significant turnaround and this award is intended to recognize that. But the next few quarters will tell just how successful he has been.

And if he flew back from Florida in the back of the bus, I take my hat off to him for that gesture!

It may be a good investment now as long as there is not another terrorist attack in which case you can kiss some airlines good bye.