FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Repeatedly screwed by HH Customer Care
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:33 pm
shoreline

Originally Posted by sunsun
I had a worst experienced ever ........
We had a reservation for 2 nights point and 1 night pay for Hampton-inn. I requested to change to DoubleTree.
HHResv. rep. canceled Hampton reservation and tried to make DoubleTree reservation, could not do it. I was optimistic, OK, I requested reinstating the prior reservation. HHResrv. rep. told me she can not make same reservation any longer I have NOTHING !!
I was transferred to HHCC and explained the situation. Because high demand of DoubleTree, I could not do the 2 nights point and 1 night pay, I can do either streight purchase or awarded stay. I decided to purchase extra points to make awarded stay for 3 night. I was offered & agreed to pay $700 for 70,000 point so that I could make a reservation.
However, when I see the confirmation for CC charge -- $1,300. I immediately contact HHCC, she told me she will refund of $600. Later on, HHCC emailed me explained the rule for over 40,000 point purchase. Basically, she can not honor what she offered. I was so annoyed , I was not only got screwed one time but twice. I have NOTHING AGAIN.
I asked other HHCC to forward my email explaining what happened to their Manager what happened. I am waiting for their reply. (keep you posted)

Any suggestion what else should I do ??
You need to call back and ask for a supervisor asap.

A supervisor may be able to help you reinstate your original reservation or help you with the point purchase for the other stay (whichever needs to be done).

I would not email, I would call hhonors and ask for a supervisor directly and explain your situation.

The first reservation should not have been cancelled before at least checking the availability of your second choice. If the availability was there for your second request, then the first reward reservation should have been cancelled.

It sounds like an error on the agents part and a supervisor will likely help you fix the issue.