FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:19 pm
MSP2SEA

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MRMW
I have reservations at both the Four Points Roma (junior suite) and the St. Regis (executive suite), however, a split may be in order. Indeed--you are not the first to propose it.

Q: Is there a taxio sitio at, or near to, the St. Regis?

The vision then would be the first five days at the Four Points, then the last four at the St. Regis--which I know would be a treat for my wife. Conceptually, it's almost like two separate trips, one neighborhood focused and one luxe focused.

PS--she likes it and we did it.

PPS--Cabron! You drive in Korea where only some street signs in central Seoul are in English, 12 lane local streets abound and there are absolutely NO house or street numbers, and still you don't drive in Mexico City? Words to the wise IMHO.
Sounds like you are on the right track. Finishing w/ St Reg is the way to go. Take the edges off of things (except the wallet).

Not sure about sitio stands nearby, though I'm sure there are a few. I think I remember seeing something outside the Marquis Reforma, 1 block to the Southwest.

...and yes, Korea was probably my crowning glory of international driving. Was a bit freaky the first couple hours, but I actually found the signage to be pretty clear, and "rules of the road" were consistent once understood (right on red is an imperative, not an option). I did 12 days of fieldwork, by myself, over two trips... driving 8 to 10 hrs/day. Google map on iphone was a huge help for driving... whole thing would have been really tough in the pre-GPS era.