FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Boca Raton Suites {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:57 pm
tkelvin69

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
One night stay in August. Very mediocre at best - looks like a very worn out Embassy Suites. Room was dated with below average quality furnishings and installations. Hilton diamond amenity was a bag of trail mix. Free happy hour from 5:30-7:30 but no restaurant on site so no food unless you walk next door. Breakfast was bland. This property is not deserving of the "Hilton" brand but more in line with a Hampton. Nothing really bad here, nothing above average either. 2/10 for a Hilton and I'd stay elsewhere unless this location is required.

Stayed a second night and found they have a scam assigning HHonors members to the 5th floor ("it's and HHonors floor") when floor 6 and 7 are available and IME, floor 7 has not only a better view but less worn furnishings. They changed my online check-in from floor 7 to floor 5 as it was an "upgrade". When I insisted on a 7th floor room, I finally got a room (it appears at least half were unoccupied given the open living room windows they have towards the hallway were open) and it not only was slightly larger then last time but had robes on the bed and furnishings in better shape. I think they are using HHonors status to actually downgrade people.

Last edited by tkelvin69; Aug 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm