FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Small Business Video Contest: FlyerTalker Entrants
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:46 am
nhg

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
AA Small Business Video Contest: FlyerTalker Entrants

MODERATOR'S NOTE

We are pleased to have multiple FlyerTalk members entered in AA's Small Business Video contest! There are three categories, Startup Business, Established Business, and Non-Profit Organization, and voters may vote in each of the three categories once per day.

To keep this discussion consolidated, the first two threads started by FlyerTalker entrants have now been merged and, in the interest of fairness, their initial posts are provided below, as will any posts by other contestants who are FlyerTalk members.

https://secure.fly.aa.com/flightscameraaction/
Vote for your chance to win 25,000 AAdvantageŽ miles.

American Airlines recognizes that access and connectivity while traveling are critical to small businesses. So we asked small business owners to create a video telling us how the connections they make through travel help their business soar. Vote for your favorite video and you'll have a chance to win 25,000 AAdvantage miles.

Your vote will help select the top 3 videos from each category, who will vie for the First Prize in each category. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen from these 3 First Prize Winners and will win 80 tickets on American Airlines and exposure to thousands of potential customers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older. 3. Sweepstakes begins at 11:59:59 a.m. Central time ("CT") August 28, 2012 and all entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. CT time on September 14, 2012. 4. PRIZE DETAILS: One Prize consisting of 25,000 AAdvantageŽ miles ARV $497.50. 5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of entries. 6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at www.aa.com/flightscameraaction. 9. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 10. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.

AAdvantage is a registered trademark of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2012 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older and are authorized by a small or medium sized company to enter Contest on behalf of company. 3. Contest begins at 11:59 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on July 17, 2012 and all entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. CT time on August 10, 2012. 4. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Startup, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 5. Void where prohibited. 6. Participation is subject to complete official rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at www.aa.com/flightscameraaction 7. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 8. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me win the unprecedented double crown of AA contests!
Neil Gottlieb, Three Twins Ice Cream (Established Business)

Dear Flyertalkers,

For the second time within a year, I humbly ask for your help in winning an American Airlines contest. As you may recall, it was with this community's help with which I was able to win last year's Road Warrior Contest. This was a huge honor, great fun and has led to meeting many great people and having quite a few memorable experiences. And the associated PR has undoubtedly been good for my business. Thank you to all of you that took the time to vote.

There was recently a call for entries for the second annual Business ExtrAA Flights Camera Action video contest. On a whim I wrote a script for a video while flying somewhere and decided that I had to enter the contest. Well, I was lucky enough to have my video selected as one of the 9 videos that go to the voting round in the "established business" category. There are two other categories, "non-profit" and "start-up," for a total of 27 entries that advance to the voting round.

The three videos from each of the three categories that receive the most votes will advance to the judging round. Judges will select three finalists, with the grand prize winner being announced in early October at the Inc. 500 5000 Conference.

The prizes for the grand prize winner are indeed grand and quite a bit more substantial than the prizes related to the Road Warrior Contest. The grand prize winner's company receives 160,000 Business ExtrAA points (roughly equivalent to 2 million frequent flyer miles), 2 full page ads in American Way, an in-flight video for a month and some other nice things. All of these prizes would be enormously valuable in growing my business, Three Twins Ice Cream, which celebrated its 7th anniversary just yesterday!

I started Three Twins Ice Cream in 2005 as one little scoop shop and no employees (because I couldn't afford them) with the ridiculous goal of growing it into a major national brand. Well, at the seven year mark this is looking like less of a ridiculous idea.

I am proud of many things about Three Twins Ice Cream. I am proud that make an inconceivably delicious product that is both certified organic and reasonably priced. I am proud that all of our milk and cream is sourced from local family farms within 17 miles of our factory. I am proud that we're competing with the big boys. I am proud that we're giving back through our membership in 1% For the Planet and have funded the purchase of over 100 acres of land this year through our land conservation initiative, Ice Cream For Acres, with many more to be funded. I am proud of the fact that we now sell nationwide. And I am proud to employ a team of great people who have made this all possible.

I have been very lucky to grow the business as I have and hope that you will help me win this contest, whose prize of tickets will be put to good use growing the business even faster.

Voting is here: https://secure.fly.aa.com/flightscam...WatchVideo/252

You can vote once a day. I know that is a lot to ask, so any time that you can dedicate towards voting would be greatly appreciated. You will be entered to win 25,000 AA miles for voting.

As an added bonus, we're running a Facebook contest though the company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/threetwinsicecream. All you have to do is post that you voted (you'll need to "like" us first) and you'll be entered to win one of 3 prizes of coupons for 33 free pints of Three Twins Ice Cream.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and vote.

https://secure.fly.aa.com/flightscam...WatchVideo/252

I'm a Finalist for 80 FREE flights from AA!
Mica Ringo, The Dog Photographer (Startup Business)

Originally Posted by SugarLime
Wow, I can't believe it!! If I win, I could finally start focusing on collecting hotel points and forget about miles for a while!

You can vote for me here: https://secure.fly.aa.com/flightscam...GalleryStartup

I'm the Dog Photographer - its super easy to vote, you don't have to sign up for an account or anything and you can vote every day. Thanks flyertalkers!!

Last edited by dstan; Aug 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm