FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pesticide spraying in cabin - health risks and a bs justification?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:19 am
stokeCity

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver, Cathay Gold, SPG Plat 100, Hilton G, PC Plat,Hertz Pres C, Le club Accor plat
Originally Posted by jerumagrinberga
On a recent BA flight departing from Honkers, there was a short announcement made about spraying the cabin and then the purser walked through down one aisle and up the other with two cans spraying stuff into the air. The british businessman who I'd been chatting with across the divider covered his nose/mouth with a hankerchief(always prepared ^) while I held my breath. It did cause my eyes to get watery though and I was wondering what it was.

If you look on their website(URL below), they indicate that it was MANDATORY to spray in the Honkers flight along with flights departing from PEK and PVG. However, I've flown China Eastern and Air China on those routes and don't seem to recall the spraying(who knows though, the spray could be affecting my memory).

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...o/public/en_us

Anyway, do people here think that their justification holds water? IE, that they're MANDATED to spray the cabin by the WHO? How harmful/toxic is the spray anyway?

I loved the service and the Bucks Fizz, but I don't appreciate breathing in pesticides.

Same I the flights Bom