FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does FT "attitude" drive newbies to blogs?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:01 am
jaymar01

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by abcx
There's a bloody good reason for that - if they make it clear you just know some fool like [redacted] is going to post it with big red arrows and the trick will die like it did with AFWD. Once bitten, twice shy.

It's possible to figure out some of the tricks if you use your head and Google. I was able to do it for a while when I looked at that thread a year or so ago. I stopped bothering because I had no desire to fly Y and lacked the time to engage in elaborate positioning. Once you've figured some out, posters are usually helpful if you PM. But, and this is a big but, you have to put in the legwork first, which most people are unwilling to do.
This is exactly why I've always contended it should be moved off Flyertalk entirely. The attitude frequently spills over to the Mileage Run board.

Moreover, the hostility between the posters on the two boards is palpable. Have you ever seen the sniping that goes on the Mileage Run board between the two communities when fares are posted without the YQ? [redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 24, 2012 at 8:18 am Reason: removed quoted reference and comment on moderation