FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:12 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Bttc
I completely agree.
You hear a lot of reports of Chase banning people for taking advantage of the Ink 5% back at OD to buy prepaid cards. I personally wouldn't risk it--it's not just the Ink card that gets shut down it's ALL of your Chase cards.
I agree with the overall sentiment. Chase is a golden goose, and I value the card sign ups and benefits too much to risk pushing too far.

That said the reports on people being banned were generally in one of two categories - (1) people who seriously maxed out the AARP 5% on everything cash back cards (many people made several thousand dollars in hard cash, I managed a couple K myself and got a bit nervous); and (2) people who used scripts to generate thousands of 1c transactions on the Chase Freedom card to take advantage of the 10 points per swipe bonus. I have not personally read of anyone getting banned for the OD gig and frankly the 50k upper limit seems to have their tolerance for bonus dishing built in.

There is a great deal of possibility they would frown upon excessive and/or exclusive use of a credit card for buying "stuff" from Wells Fargo. So proceed with caution.

And instead of people posting "how about this card or that card" - how about you go and try it with a small amount, say $10, and then report that back here for the collective to utilize? It is very lazy to simply demand what works and what doesn't on a deal like this without contributing anything in return.