Old Aug 20, 12, 7:55 am
IflyfromPHX

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by gbsaco View Post
I am planning to stay in the bay area for more than 300 nights starting this month. I am hoping to maximize hotel rewards etc. to find a suitable replacement for finding an apartment and at the same time live better.

Here are why this might work for me:
1. Elite status with Hyatt, Hilton, PriorityClub, Accor and Best Western
2. Plenty of hotels in this area
3. I have one luggage and I own a car, willing to mattress run
4. Tax benefit

I am hoping to put together a general strategy in terms of how do I make this work. Hyatt seems to have a decent promotion running which, according to a blog, equals to getting $500+rebate on every $1000 spent. And of course there are SPG and Marriott that I should be able to acquire a elite status with a fast track program. Any ideas?
There are a number of variables here on what you want out of this...and you are bound to bet a number of widely carrying replies.

- Promotions vary by month for all hotel brands. So I would not simply look at the current promotion to decide.

- What are you goals? What are you looking to achieve? This too can greatly vary. Do you want "on-property" benefits and recognition? Maximum points? Point Flexibility? Value? Etc...

That said, I am torn on what I would do in your situation. In the past I lived in one hotel for 6+ months. There was something to be said for the recognition and service that I received "on-property". I netted little beyond that. Now, I have narrowed to two chains (Hyatt and Hilton)where I work to maintain top status and maximize points.

All of that said, when in N. Cal - I generally stay at Hyatts, all of which I like a lot. Avia Napa, Hyatt Vinyard Creak (Santa Rosa), Hyatt Fishermans Warf, Grand Hyatt SF, Hyatt Regency SFO, and Hyatt Regency Santa Clara - are my preferred (North to South).