FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLCI purchased upgrade offer to non-elite before elite upgrades processed
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:30 pm
phlashba

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by wesmanz
I'm heading to Denver tomorrow afternoon from DFW with a non-elite companion and have been on the upgrade list for about a month. I'm first on the upgrade list, with 4 seats remaining. I've been checking and there were 7 seats available a few hours ago, but I noticed that the # in coach has decreased as the flight was oversold by 1. This seemed odd to me so I checked in my companion since I made his reservation and he was offered an online upgrade for $90 to First. I assume this was offered to others and that's why the # in coach decreased with the increase in F.

I'm on the airport upgrade list, along with a Plat through passenger so far.

I think it kinda sucks that AA is putting non-elites before it's elite travelers. I'm sure their reasoning is that it's additional revenue but it's at the cost of the elites. You would at least think that they would offer this to the Elites as well for a confirmed upgrade, but this essentially puts us at the back of the line for upgrades.

Here's the screenshot (sorry about the quality)-
Do you mind sharing at what time (T- x hours) your companion received the offer?