FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:06 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Looking to go Hilton Vie PRE Xmas . Do All Hilton's honor free breakfast net etc as my wife and I are both Gold.

I will be using most all my points in Euopean Capitals that's why I got the card ,
Plus the Amex HH for the Axon deals. Hope they honor Gold status
I would recommend searching the Hilton forum for the specific hotel to find out exactly what you get for Gold there.

It's part of the Hilton HHonors stated Gold benefits that you get free breakfast and free internet. It's up to the hotels, however, to interpret that.

Some domestic full-service Hilton (in SF, I think) gives Golds only a Starbucks voucher for breakfast. But I don't tend to stay in FS Hiltons in the US that often, mostly overseas. And I've not heard of such nasty tricks overseas. (In the US I tend to stay at, say, Hilton Garden Inn, where the only question would be whether you get the cooked-to-order part or only the buffet. But half the time I don't have time to wait for the cooked-to-order part anyway, so it doesn't matter to me personally that much.) There may be some hotels that restrict you to a part ("cold") of the buffet, perhaps?

On the internet, the hotels can interpret that as wired or wireless or both, only in your room or also beyond. All of those fall under interpretations of "free internet". If you are traveling with a device (such as a typical laptop) with both wired and wireless capability, and you don't care where in the room your access is (ie, if it's only a a desk it's ok with you), you may not have to research further. If you are traveling with a device that is wifi only (no wired), you may need to research further whether the free internet at that particular hotel includes wifi or only wired. (Same if you have something with wired only.)