FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your personal food rules.....
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:47 pm
kdhith

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
No American cheese....ever. The taste and texture are enough to make me gag.
I so totally agree. It's up there with Miracle Whip and margarine. There's no reason for it, provided the items they are imitating (mayonnaise, "real" cheese, butter) can be found. White bread is also in that category...oh, and fake pancake syrup - that's disgusting.

Next rule: Be willing to try absolutely everything (unless it is alive, totally unethical as I understand it, or its aroma induces vomiting).

I have tried eating mushrooms and drinking milk. I hope to get over the mushroom thing some point during my next 40 years (I keep hearing what I'm missing), but it will be a struggle. Milk - forget it.

What else...

=Steak in a restaurant is almost always disappointing (i.e., not as good as when my best friend grills it at home), or it's wicked expensive. I'll order something else.

=I'm a recent 50% transplant to the South. No sweet tea for me. Iced tea is best unsweetened. Lemon and mint are optional.

=I want milk in my coffee. I can't stand the way cream coats my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I'd rather have it black.

=While it's a welcome sign that my lettuce has been washed, I can't stand to be served a wet salad in a restaurant. Wet with water, not dressing, I mean.

=I had a strict no-hot dog rule, but then a local boutique charcuterie opened, and I've adjusted my rule to: no grocery store hot dogs.

there will be more.