FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class seats changed at check-in
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:26 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by B7e7US
- If there was an equipment change to a refurbished 747, there would be no middle seat, as the middle seat section now has only two seats.

I'm not very familiar with other European Airlines besides AF/KLM, but I have not seen any other airline ignoring seat requests at t-48. DL, AA, US, CO, B6, KE usually let you select a seat until airport control, often at T-3.
Like KLouis i have had that answer in the past with LH and also with BA (I could change my seat selection online but it would be explicitly ignored at check in and I would be put in my previously booked seat). I think DL has a different it system which integrates the reservation and operational systems so indeed when you select seats even when the seat is open for check in you are automatically sending the information to both systems, maybe it is the same with the other airlines you mention except KE where I suspect that if you manage any assignment change it was made manually (KE has the worst system I know, I have had my seat assignments changed very regularly, especially when they randomly decide to transform part of the J cabin into an extra Y cabin!!)

@irishguy28, thanks for the link, very good to know indeed, although personally I'd still recommend checking on the AF system as it is definitely not working everytime (have a forthcoming mixed AF/DL trip and information communicated correctly from AF to DL but not the other way round and I have had to change my seat on the AF website. Complex itinerary so not sure if it makes a difference...)