FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude, lazy, incompetent and too dumb to lie....
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:52 pm
avsfan733

Originally Posted by UshuaiaHammerfest
As much as it's hard for the bulk of the folks who frequent this forum to admit, there *are* actually some good apples in the TSA who care. Glad that this STSO appears to be one of them, and kudos to the OP for keeping a level head and properly addressing the issue.
while you are right from a factual perspective, here are my thoughts on the issue...

The entire reason that we have to go through the absurdities the TSA forces on us is because of 'a few bad apples'. We call them terrorists, and they in reality are worse than the TSA, but at the core (pun intended) they really are just bad apples within the defined group of society. Yet here we are with the TSA's bad apples and being asked to just ignore them because there are good apples to.

I am a good apple of society. If we use the logic that the mere existence of good apples in anyway excuses the bad apples, than my existence in society proves that we don't need the TSA if we apply the same logic. Airport security exists because there are bad apples in society. We need to run it on the assumption that there are bad apples in the TSA.