FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Questions - IC vs HI and more
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:57 am
Amyrlin

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by umustbjokim
I am working on Plan B for a week in Paris next May. Have a reward week booked at Hilton ADT, but sounds like that may implode.

I have enough PC points to do a week at one of the Holiday Inns or half that at one of IC's - and then throw in about $1k to make up difference. My questions:
- Is it worth the $$ to spend a week at one of the IC's? Any recommendation on Le Grand versus Avenue Marceau?
- Several of the HI's look very nice - Trip Advisor reviews not so much. Especially regarding location - which, let's face it, is pretty impt in Paris. I am a city girl, so don't mind mingling with the locals - but still want that Paris feel when I walk out the door. Any experience with HI's?
- HI Notre Dame looks to be best option - any recent experience or comments? I do have PC Platinum status - worth anything there?
- Assume it would be worth ponying up the cash for Ambassador status if I go with IC? Upgrades, etc pretty reliable there?

Thanks much - I am really bumming about missing my Hilton diamond benefits (free internet, b'fast, lounge access) this stay. Wish PC offered a little more in that regard.

I am planning a trip to Paris with OH at some point. I have had a good look at the different options. I have decided on the Notre Dame HI, it looks to be in a good location for attractoins and the city feel, as well as resturants etc and it looks one of the better properties. However, this is personal opinion.