FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Salt Lake City-Airport East HIX
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:33 pm
factory81

Originally Posted by mgmsteven
Stayed there in mid May. It is a large hotel and appears to be new. It was difficult to locate not having a GPS. There are several hotels nearby. It is a good ways out of town toward the airport. It is in a business park. There was only one restaurant (sports bar/grill) within walking distance. Did not try the breakfast because of an early departure but suppose it was the standard fare. I left rental car at the airport and took the shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport the next am. The hotel has a van but they used a third party for the airport shuttles. There are reviews on TA.
I stayed here in the past. Dirt cheap using F&F rate.

Ice water is left out every evening. Cookies are made every evening as well. I liked the hotel, but I have basic needs compared to some on FT. Their well rounded experience is what helped me consider HIX hotels the "bare minimum I will accept". Standard HIX beds and breakfast. Yogurt, bacon, cereal, juices, etc.

So they set the standard for me in other words.

Location does suck, you are west of i-15 which is basicallllly "all ghetto" as far as I am concerned. You are RIGHT near the airport and some other ultra-close airport hotels.

If you go to SLC - try Settebello Pizza in downtown SLC or The Copper Onion - their beef wagyu stroganoff is mad decent.