FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:30 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by philemer
Can someone explain the differences between the $25 Dining/Willow Stream certs and the Visa $25 breakfast certs. Forget the Willow Stream part just the differences in using them for breakfast.

Scenario: We are staying at a Hilton in San Fran and want to eat breakfast at the nearby Fairmont. Would we use the Dining/Willow Stream certs or the Visa certs? Since these are electronic do you just give the waiter your Fairmont membership #? I'm guessing either would work for breakfast. Yes?

And, if the hotel has a restaurant that serves dinner, we could use the Dining/Willow Stream certs for dinner? Again, just give the waiter our membership #?

Easy on this newbie.
I´m not sure how easily your plan would work as I believe the dining certs are intended to be used when you´re staying at the hotel. AFAIK the T&C do not specifically mention such a requirement, so in theory it should work, but redeeming dining certs electronically (vs. just handing over the paper certs) can be a pain in itself even when staying at the hotel.

I.e. some restaurants do not have access to the FPC system, so they´d have to call the front desk to confirm the certs are available, and IME it sometimes takes a while for them to sort things out.

Btw, you should receive paper dining certs with your Premier package, so I´d recommend using those as redeeming paper dining certs is much easier.