FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:03 pm
garyfam

Programs: Delta, American
got my EC seat

Originally Posted by rwoman
On the 763ER, EC includes the exit rows, so the rest is pretty much the same. If you get to the gate early, you could ask for the regular Y bulkhead if it's available. No EC seats are typically held back. That said, be sure to watch the seat map and check in at T-24, as some seats could open up...also, if you have a smartphone with the DL app, you can watch to see if any seats open up.
With no available EC seats at booking on my JFK-VCE flight next month, I booked a regular coach seat and started checking for new availability every day. I just struck it lucky. One EC seat had become available - 16F. I don't think I have ever whipped my credit card out that fast! Although Seatguru and seatexpert give this seat mixed reviews, Rwoman's picture of that row says it all. Yeah! Maybe a little sleep is in the cards. I do have a few questions for those of you who have sat in this bulkhead seat. If this plane has been upgraded to include personal video (my last flight on a 763 had it), how do you operate the video since it is a distance away. Or should I just figure that I will watch a movie on my ipad? Also, will I need earplugs to block out the breakfast action in the nearby galley? Thanks.