FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade on MAD-IAD for 20K without co-pay from M class. Glitch or norm?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:19 pm
AntonS

Saga continues. Another free upgrade?

Saga continues....

Decided to upgrade outbound, which showed 1 seat available for 16K miles and $440 co-pay (with current promo 20% discount). After entering credit card information and clicking on Purchase and got famous ERROR - CALL UNITED RESERVATIONS. I call and agent manually re-issues the ticket, all upgrades confirmed. So far so good.

A few hours later I received email from United, saying that due to technical error my ticket was not issued correctly and need to call Reservations to confirm upgrade. I check receipt and sure enough I do not see any entry about co-pay or extra mile deduction for the outbound. Miles not deducted from the account and credit card not charged. Could not believe this is happening AGAIN on the same reservation.

This time I decided to call back, because website clearly indicated correct charge and I was going to pay it and I did not need any problems with the ticket. Agent looks at the reservation says everything is fine, but transfers me to .com support after I insist that there was an issue with mile/co-pay deduction. Another agent at .com looks at reservation and confirms that there are no problems!!! Just amazing. At this point I do not insist and hang up.

Should I really call back again and INSIST on collecting co-pay/miles or just wait until check-in?