FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United loses a 10 year old in ORD
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:41 pm
aviatorzz

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
What confuses me the most from the bullet points is this:

When Anne and Perry tried to file a complaint, note the system is so bad that they wouldn't let them write it themselves and the United employee refused their request to have it read back to be fact-checked, plus there are other twists worth repeating:
Granted their email system isn't the greatest, but I don't think I've ever had an issue filing a complaint.

And then:

We asked if the bags being lost for three days and camp having to make 5 trips to the airport vs. one was something we would be compensated for
Why was the camp making trips? Unless something has drastically changed, isn't UA obligated to deliver baggage?

And this part is laughable (at least about B6 and WN):

But perhaps United senior executives ought to at least take a look at what happens at JetBlue, Virgin America, and Southwest. They make mistakes too, it happens, but when they do, I nearly always feel empathy for my situation and that the people are trying to make the situation right.
B6 is the sole reason why legislators decided to enact the DOT3 rule and WN ranks among the worst airlines to help in an irregular operation (read = this isn't towards their customer satisfaction score).

While it will never happen, I would love to hear the information from UAL's side. Always two sides to every story. Children tend to fear reprimand for their actions, so they find something they can blame it on. When I worked for the airlines, I would have an angry parent show up requesting to speak to a supervisor and after listening to the "how could you let my child miss a flight" and "I'm never putting my child on xxx airlines because you (pointing at me) made him/her miss the flight" I would meet the flight that had the child on it, talk to the F/A about the child and come to find out that they were so scared after their initial flight that they didn't want to fly on the next flight, or that the child didn't want to go on this trip because he/she thought it was stupid. As opposed to telling their parent(s), and in return getting reprimanded, it turns into "xxx airlines made me miss my flight!!!".

15+ years in the customer service industry, I have seen, heard, and smelled (bs) it all. If this is true, then shame on UAL for this. But, if there is another story to be heard and the real story comes back on the parent's as opposed to united, shame on the parents. I've seen it both ways. Take every story with a grain of salt until facts are presented, as opposed to a "friend's" one sided sob story.