View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 12, 3:44 am
OrchardTravel

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
A week of Firsts coming up

Unless there's some sort of unofficial sale/upgrade policy I don't know about, I've had quite a run of fortune recently.

I need to be in LA for 3 days at the end of next week, and BA was the only option with any decent availability - this is also my first TATL for business, so I've always gone WT+ or Virgin PE historically.

Thanks to the wisdom of these boards I knew to aim for 64K when selecting the seats, and two weeks out I was surprised to see it there, so I bagged it. For the return flight it was only at seat selection that I realised I'd be travelling FIRST on the return. I selected 2K and double checked the price I'd paid, just in case I'd not seen the '1' before the price I thought I'd paid, but no, I had a Club World outbound and First return for 100 less than beardy was selling Upper Class returns. Seems like an exceptional deal to me! This will also just scrape me into BA Gold for the first time, which is nice.

What should I be looking to do at LAX to maximise the whole First experience? Any tips?