FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Survey: How Effective is the Transportation Security Administration?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:43 pm
FLgrr

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jspira
First, thanks to travis for the points he makes.

Regarding the survey, which I developed, it it modeled after a recent Gallup poll that surveyed people who donīt really fly that much about the topic.

To ensure we can make an apples-to-apples comparison, we tried to pose the questions in the same vein.

In this type of survey, at least as far as I am concerned, you are really getting someoneīs belief, which may or may not translate into fact. Regardless, we want peopleīs beliefs on this topic but we also want to see what an active flying community says in response to these questions versus the general public.

I hope this addresses at least part of the concerns you expressed.
Modeled after a poll of people that DO NOT FLY? I guess you hamster grooming business and only survey people that have had heart attacks as to why they do not use your service.

What is the first question about - AWFUL question - Do you think the TSA is doing a poor, fair, good, or excellent job in airport security screening. We cant judge that, nor will a non traveler know what their job is except what the news media tells them. I as a traveler cannot tell if they do a good job. I can only tell you that I in no way am trying to harm people or the air transportation system, and until you prove otherwise, you SHOULD NOT do what you do to me.

Even in the 70s people found a way to get a bomb on a plane. The metal detector works well so they know nothing is in your pockets. Then everything goes through the xray. Again after that, unless you know the person wants to do something, then you dont check their water or medications.

Even with the people that have gone nuts - the movie theatre shooter -there will come out there were signs he was a little odd, maybe a drop out and anti social. None of these are enough to investigate the person. If you apply the TSA rules to him, someone would be in his apartment everyday, and yours and mine, without reason to think we are wanting to do something bad. But we breathe and do , therefore we are criminals.