FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 5 Transfer Advice
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:40 am
Seat64A

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Terminal 5 Transfer Advice

I will be arriving at Heathrow in a few weeks' time from Seattle at 1120, with an onward connection on BA from Terminal 5 departing five hours later. My priorities at Heathrow are to have a shower and, if possible, a decent (hot) breakfast and would appreciate advice, observations etc. on my options.
I assume that I can leave the secure area and use the Arrivals Lounge but wonder if, realistically, I have enough time before it closes at 1400. Has anyone experience of entering the lounge after landing at around 1130? For example, UK Border queues, availability of food in the lounge, the keenness of staff to close at 1400 etc.
Perhaps it would make more sense to go directly to a Galleries lounge. Does anyone know if the Galleries' showers are readily available or are there queues for their use at this time of the day? Am I right in thinking that I would not be able to get breakfast at around the middle of the day in a Galleries lounge? (I do know that Galleries' breakfasts are nothing like as good as those in the Arrivals Lounge.)
I'd be grateful for any advice (particularly if I've missed something important) and thank you in advance.