FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flown ST partner Air Europa in J recently?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:24 am
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by roknroll
Alitalia had one of the worst J productscfor a while. They refurbed their 777s and A330s, and have gotten great reviews on seats and service. Perhaps UX is the same. I could see how having a run down and dilapidated cabin could rub off on the FAs, and a brand new top of the line cabin might inspire them to up their level of service.

All this is speculation though, but if you take the plunge and come back with a trip report then we can all know whether it's improved or not

Edit: I found a press release from Jun that said they were only modifying 2 of their a330s. Doesn't sound promising for being on the new product. It's being done by AF/KLM so I figure it will be the newer angled lie flats that are on the AF a380?

Edit2: looks like the seat map can indicate which product you'll have
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...330-200-a.html
My JFK MAD flight shows 3 rows in J. I also looked on youtube and found a very short video showing that the new 3-row J cabin is located between doors 1L/1R and 2L/2R so that's sufficient space for full flat beds (e.g., when LX had A330-200s, F had full flat beds in 3 rows in the same space) since it seems UX not only changed the seats but also removed one row to allow greater recline.